Alsatian Fly Fisherman
Loïc SCHAEFFER, born in 1992, grew up in Griesheim near Molsheim (67) where he lives with his girl ffriend Sophie (see infra). Like his friend, Pierre Kuntz, he was very young won by the passion of fly fishing. Loïc, who is an excellent fisherman, has never wanted to fish in competition.
Loïc fishes very regularly in reservoir and river as soon as he has a free time. I’ve had the chance to know him since he was a teenager. Always looking for big fish, he often fish with the fly, but also to the Spangler. With a non-standard sense of observation, he knows how to adapt effectively to all conditions, and very often finds the technique and the fly of the moment before the other fishermen in the area.
Loïc shares his life with his girl friend Sophie. She has a cape infancy, carries out the profession of ATSEM. Loïc, himself, made a DUT in mechanical engineering and a bachelor’s degree and is an industrial draughtsman. He trained Sophie in his passion for fishing and she also “took the virus”.
His way of practicing fly fishing
- Flyfishing beginning: 2008
- Techniques Flyfishing: Dry, nymph in sight, nymph with thread, streamer
- Preferred Flyfishing Techniques: streamer
- Rods preferred for this technique: C.B.F. 10″ #6/7
- Favorite reels for this technique:
No matter it’s just a line supply
- Preferred lines for this technique: WF flotaing with sinking tip
- Preferred tippet for this technique: Fluorocarbon trout hunter 22/100
- His favorite flies:
- -Dry: CBF of course (see the oicture below)
- -Nymph: scud like a GMS-2
- -Streamer: Intruder with offset hooks for trout + Fly tube for pike
- Favorite Rivers: The Bruche (67) for his nice trouts, the floodway canal of the Rhine (67)
- Preferred reservoirs: the Stork reservoir in Seltz (67)
- Favourite fish: Brown trout and pike. It is difficult too choice between these species
- Best souvenirs of fly fishing:
Exceptional shots are nothing next to the great encounters we make with this passion. It is also in 2008 during my beginning on the fly course of Mulbach-sur-Bruche that I met Pierre Kuntz. I learned a lot with Pierre and I still learn every time we can share a fishing session.
- And let’s not forget Sophie, with who Iive since 2013. Sophie started fly fishing with me in 2016 at the stork reservoir His favorite technique is streamer fishing. For this she uses a rod 9 Feet # WF4 / 5 and a basic JMC reel. She also fishes with me often on the Bruche and the floodway canal. Big trout do not scare her. She also has records to make more than a fisherman pale with a brown trout of 75cm and a rainbow trout of 70cm.
A couple of passionate fishermen
Loïc and Sophie like to fish together. Whether it is in a boat on the water of Plobsheim to catch the pike, with the fly or other technics, whether in a reservoir or on the floodway canal that Loïc knows particularly well, where he often happens to catch the biggest and most difficult fish. Both take their vacations by targeting the nearby fishing trails. A fairly rare couple of passionate, loving and engaging flyfisher.